Happy New Year - May you enjoy good health and happiness in 2012 and beyond!
Closing in January:
- Stieglitz Collection, Metropolitan Museum, Fifth Ave. at 82nd St., through January 2
- Willem de Kooning, Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St, through January 8
- Picasso's Drawings, Frick Museum, East 71st St. and 5th Avenue, through January 8
- The S-Files, El Museum del Barrio, Fifth Ave at 104 St., through January 8.
- Maurizio Cattalan, Guggenheim, Fifth Ave. at 89 St., through January 22.
- "Youth and Beauty: Art of the American Twenties," The Brooklyn Museum, through January 29
- Ezra Jack Keats: The Snowy Day, The Jewish Museum, through January 29.
Closing this Winter:
- "Luminous Modernism," Scandinavia House, 58 Park Avenue at 38 St., through February 11. Please read take a peek at the exhibition on my blog: Beth New York
- "Hide/Seek," Brooklyn Museum, through February 12.
- The Ronald Lauder Collection, Neue Galerie, Fifth Ave. at 86th St., through April 2
Tours on Wednesdays will be begin in March:
($500 for 10 tours; $60 a la carte)
March 7 - The Renaissance Portrait: From Dontello to Bellini, Met Museum
March 14 - Rembrandt and Degas, Met Museum
March 21 - no class
March 28 - Gertrude and Leo Stein's Collection, Met Museum
April 4 - The reopened American Wing galleries, Met Museum
April 11- Cindy Sherman, Museum of Modern Art
April 18 - The Whitney Bienniel
April 25 - Midtown Galleries
May 2 - Uptown Galleries
May 9 - Soho Galleries
May 16 - Chelsea Galleries
Tours meet at 1 pm; reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org