Claude Monet, Women in a Garden, 1866-67
Musée d'Orsay, Paris.
Few paintings say "spring" as well as Claude Monet's women surrounded by masses of flowers in full bloom. This year, spring officially arrives on March 20th. For the New York Arts Exchange, spring arrives a bit later, after Passover and Easter. Please join our Spring Art Tours, beginning April 3rd through June 5th. To accommodate visits to the National Academy and the Whitney Museum, we are switching back to Wednesdays. Please join us for the New York Spring Art Season in full flower:
Spring Art Tours on Wednesdays, April 3 through June 5
$500 the series; $60 each
- April 3 – Surrealism, French drawings at the Morgan Library
- April 10 – National Academy – “Seismic Shifts”
- April 17 – Uptown Galleries - Gagosian "Neil Jenny" and Pop Still Life at Aquavella
- April 24 – Frick – (limited to series subscription)
- May 1 –Chelsea
- May 7 - Tuesday - Christie's Impressionism and Modern Art
- May 15 –
- May 22 – J. Nares, Impressionism, etc.(closing 5-27); Punk at the Met
- May 29 – Midtown galleries
- June 5 – Chelsea
To reserve a place, please write to email@example.com.
We look forward to having your company for our unique conversational tours.
(Last Winter Session II tour on Tuesday, March 19: Chelsea, 1:30 pm, meeting at Gagosian, West 24th Street.)
Beth S. Gersh-Nesic, Ph.D.
New York Arts Exchange